Also in this link roundup: Bradley Cooper, Albert Einstein, and a really huge viola. You ready?
1. Check out this enormous viola, commissioned for a student transitioning from cello:
The largest viola I’ve ever seen.
Made by a former viola student of mine, Kristin Ballanger, who is now an instructor for the Chicago School of Violin Making. so proud of her!#viola #violin #ClassicalMusic #Chicago #proud pic.twitter.com/nBH9C8FBCA
— Michael Hall (@mhall_viola) May 18, 2019
2. Remember Bradley Cooper's Leonard Bernstein biopic? He'll be narrating "Candide" with the Philadelphia Orchestra in June.
A post shared by Klavierkunst - Davide Martello (@klavierkunst_) on
Mar 27, 2019 at 2:34pm PDT
4. "Life without playing music is inconcievable to me." In addition to being a physics genius, Albert Einstein was also a musician. Here's a look at his musical life -- including the concerts he gave after he became famous.
6. Playing flute is hard. Working out is hard. What about doing both... at the same time?
7. On a similar note: singing opera is hard. Aerial silk is hard. What about both at the same time? Soprano Rainelle Krause shows us how it's done.
A post shared by Rainelle Krause (@rainellekrause) on
May 18, 2019 at 12:29pm PDT
8. One of our favorite hip hop artists of the moment, Lizzo, started out in music as a classical flutist! On NPR's Fresh Air this week, she said, "I saw a life of concert black and Boston Pops and traveling the world." She still plays flute and brings it out during concerts -- plus, her flute has an Instagram account that we love.
A post shared bySasha Flute(@sashabefluting) on
May 20, 2019 at 2:02pm PDT