It's 2019! Take a breath and start the new year on the right foot -- by which we mean, get caught up on all the best classical music stories of the week, of course!
1. Writer Jennifer Weiner reflects on how playing piano -- badly -- is the most meditative way to spend her time.
2. This arrangement of Liszt's "Un Sospiro" for vibraphone is simply mesmerizing:
4. For the past 20 years, violinist Rachel Barton Pine has been on a mission: to catalog and make accessible classical music by black composers.
5. Here's a fascinating long read (and listen) for your weekend: the 200-year-long history of Scottish fiddle and classical violin.
6. Reddit user augmented6th asks: since it's 2019, what are your favorite Opus 19s?
7. One more from Reddit, because it's so wild:
8. And finally, clocking in right under the wire at the end of December, our favorite collab of 2018: TwoSet Violin and Hilary Hahn.