No A/C? Cool Down with Vivaldi's "Winter" in the Actual Arctic
Chill out with our latest link roundup.
1. Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce has been traded to... the Philadelphia Orchestra? On July 24, he made his debut playing baritone saxophone with them in a one-time concert called "The Championship Season."
ROSTER MOVE: Philadelphia Orchestra acquires baritone saxophonist Jason Kelce (for one day).— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) July 19, 2018
Join us at the @MannCenter to hear Jason & the @philorch play alongside @NFLFilms highlights on 7/24, benefitting the Eagles Autism Challenge: https://t.co/1ImJrInGU6 pic.twitter.com/2fZfbxbE6Z
2. It's been way too hot and humid in Boston lately. Cool off with Vivaldi's "Winter," played in the actual arctic:
3. When the tenor singing Rodolfo had to drop out mid-performance during last week's "La Bohème" at the Royal Opera House, a member of the audience stepped in to save the day. In a perfectly romantic twist, the hero tenor was none other than the husband of the soprano singing Mimì.
4. One of our favorite vocal ensembles, the King's Singers, stopped by NPR Music for a Tiny Desk Concert! They sang a charming selection of diverse pieces, from Lassus to Lennon and McCartney.
5. And one more video just for fun: here's the Sailor Moon theme song played on traditional Japanese instruments.