Join Our Team
The secret ingredient behind WGBH’s extraordinary impact and nearly 65 years of success? Our talented employees make it happen. Working at WGBH puts you front and center at one of the nation’s most vibrant media production centers. What WGBH employees all have in common—across the wide spectrum of careers—is their commitment to our educational mission. Join the dedicated employees who bring their best to WGBH, day after day.
Open WCRB positions:
Radio Announcer / Producer
Click here to apply
JOB OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a full-time on air host whose primary responsibility is hosting a live radio show every weekday from our Brighton studio. The host should be an engaging speaker, knowledgeable about classical music, passionate about bringing new audiences to classical, and curious about the world outside of music.
This host will be part of a growing multi-platform team, so we’re looking for someone who can do more than just host a live radio shift every day. Outside of the daily hosting shift, the host may also help with creating and editing web content, hosting live events, conducting artist interviews, editing audio, writing copy for digital marketing, scheduling playlists, and more.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The Radio Announcer must be an appealing on-air presenter of classical music with a friendly, conversational, welcoming delivery.
- Familiarity with classical music required; radio broadcast knowledge preferred, but not required
- Must be able to learn and use broadcast software
- Ability to think quickly and ad-lib
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfort with receiving coaching and adaptability to changes in on-air style
- Preferred, but not required: writing skills, digital marketing experience, ability to learn and work in a website CMS, audio editing software knowledge, and a good ear for what makes compelling audio
We're seeking all ranges of experience, from the newcomer to the seasoned professional. Our training process is robust; we will work with you to get you ready to flourish on air.
Tell us in your cover letter why you'd be a good fit for this role and what excites you about radio (applications without a cover letter will not be considered). If we're interested, we will request an audition.
This is a Staff Position.
This position is CWA Local 1400.
This position is on site at One Guest Street.
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more WGBH employment opportunities, visit the WGBH careers page.