Jason Derulo Reveals Classical Background at MTV Europe Music Awards
We made it. It felt like this week lasted a year and a half, but it's finally Friday, and that means it's time to bring you the news you want to read. Let's go!
1. Watch this little stick figure sled down a hill peppered with perilous obstacles -- set to Beethoven's Symphony No. 5:
2. Good news for trumpeters: a German court has ruled that trumpet practice does not count as noise pollution, contrary to the claims of this musician's unhappy neighbors.
3. How many of us were introduced to classical music by Tom & Jerry? Pianist Yannie Tan pays homage to the classic cartoon with a live performance of Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2."
4. We told you about Stravinsky's former Los Angeles residence hitting the market. Now, violinist Isaac Stern's NYC penthouse is up for sale.
5. The Ottowa Symphony Orchestra recently performed a concert entirely on 3D-printed instruments. Read about it here, then watch this video of their rehearsal:
6. Harriet the donkey never quite learned how to bray. She did, however, learn how to sing opera.
7. Jason Derulo -- of "Ridin' Dirty," "Whatcha Say," and "Wiggle" fame -- revealed that, growing up, his musical training was largely classical. When's your opera album coming out, Jason? We're waiting.
This is a side of me that’s been burning within for a long time. I was trained classically (operatically) & have sang classical music since I can remember. Mom cried happy tears last night. The reception has been amazing! Should I do a classical project one day? #mtv #mtvema pic.twitter.com/ObSCYZkrjW— Jason Derulo (@jasonderulo) November 5, 2018